Monday 25 November 2013

A man travels the world over in search of what he needs and returns home to find it - George Augustus Moore

I had an interview today at a recruitment agency. With a really lovely, lively lady. Who likes rugby and has tickets for next week's game. She is officially my new BF.

The interview was on the other side of the island, in Beaumaris. It was one of the most beautiful of days. Crisp and clear. Bright autumn sunlight. Magnifying the Snowdonia mountain range stretched out before me. Snow kissed and stunning.

I haven't been to Beaumaris since I was in school. How is that possible? It's so beautiful. All coffee shops and quaint pubs. Small streets and cute cottages. I walked along the coastline and drank in the fresh (very sharp) air, the glassy straits, the mountains out yonder. Then finished up with a hot chocolate and toasted tea cake. Yummy!

This also gave me the opportunity to drive across the island on the new A55. Well, not so new. At least not to everyone else. It was opened in 2001, replacing the A5 as the main road from Holyhead to Bangor. It was an interesting experience. Quick and easy. Direct and efficient.

Still, I couldn't help but miss the tortuous and frustrating A5. With its tractors and lorries holding up traffic every 10 minutes. Ahh progress, eh?!

Anyway, the interview went well enough. Although my wait for work continues. In the meantime, I won't be bored. I have curtains to hang, a pet gate to attach, lampshades to put up. Oh, and CVs to send out. Of course...

No comments:

Post a Comment