Saturday 21 December 2013

I tramp a perpetual journey - Walt Whitman

Well, I am finally feeling settled. I have a job! I can now relax. For two weeks at least. Before my start date. But YehHeh! The relief is great. I have duly celebrated. And may well do so again before I start.

It feels like I've been applying for jobs for an eternity. So many emails to reply to, so many very long application forms to fill in. No really. As I said previously, applying for jobs is a job in itself.

And it so occurred that I had numerous interviews this week. And then had two offers on the same day. Thursday. With a third potential offer by telephone. Typical, n'est-ce pas? As the old adage goes: you wait all day for one bus, and then two come along at the same time.

But I'm hardly complaining. It's not necessarily unpleasant to have two buses at the same time. The only issue is deciding which one you'll take. And that's not always an easy choice. I've gone with my heart. I hope it's right.

So now I do feel settled. I'm baking and reading and walking and taking photographs. And visiting. Between storms and gales. Oh and relaxing too. Bien sûr. Before the madness begins again...

No comments:

Post a Comment